The 720S offers a lot of show and serious go. The thrills include explosive launches and the kind of ethereal agility that’ll send serious drivers into ecstasy.
McLaren 720S – Things We Like
- Impressive acceleration provided by the twin-turbocharged V8
- Carbon ceramic brakes paired with aluminium callipers
- Good visibility
- Different modes such as Comfort, Sport, and Track
- Drift mode and a supple suspension
McLaren 720S – Things We Dislike
- Minimal ground clearance
- Infotainment system is poor
- Minimal driver aids
- Vertical doors can make parking next to other vehicles tricky
McLaren 720S – Must Know Details
- It has a twin-turbo charged 4.0-litre V8 engine
- This produces 710 HP and
- 568 pound-feet of torque
- This is enabled through a seven speed, dual clutch with automatic transmission with paddles
- It has a two-seat cabin that caters to the driver
- 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds
- 0-100 mph in 5.2 seconds
McLaren 720S – Competitors
The McLaren 650S is a possible competitor and the closest thing available to the 720S without approaching its nearly $300,000 price.
McLaren 720S – Our Verdict
What sets the 2022 McLaren 720S apart from some competitors is the surprising amount of practicality. The car lacks back seats, making it a less feasible option for families, but it offers just as much form and function as most daily driven sports cars. Wonderfully Fun and Scarily Fast. That’s what this absolute beast of a car is all about.